More women get breast cancer than any other cancer
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer and the leading cause of cancer death among women in Ireland.
- Irish women have a 1 in 11 chance of developing breast cancer in their lifetime.
- The risk of developing breast cancer increases with age – 75% of breast cancers are diagnosed over the age of 50 and 37% in women over 65.
- Each year, over 2000 women are diagnosed with breast cancer – 2463 in 2007.
- Around 650 women die from breast cancer annually .The incidence of breast cancer is stabilizing and mortality rates are decreasing .Only 5 to 10% of breast cancers are hereditary .The chances of any one woman having exactly the same breast cancer as another woman is 1 in 200.
- In the European Union (27 countries) a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer every 2 minutes. The estimated figures for 2008 are 332,800 diagnoses and 89,800 deaths.
- The estimated figures for 2008 for the wider Europe (40 countries) are 420,800 diagnoses and 129,300 deaths
- In estimated incidence rates for the EU27 for 2006 Ireland comes 2nd and is 5th for mortality rates Hazards and Cautions
YallaBuyIt presents a new health and wellbeing product to help all women enhance their breast awareness routine called Breastlight. This clever and handy gadget helps find abnormalities that you cannot otherwise see or feel by emitting a powerful but safe, LED-powered red light through the breast tissue that can pick up malignant tumors or any changes in the breasts.
Breastlight should not be seen as a substitute for mammogram screening, or a replacement for general breast awareness – both looking and feeling.
Breastlight is not intended for use as a diagnostic device. It is not capable of detecting all sizes, positions and types of breast abnormalities.
If you notice any changes, either when using Breastlight or from your usual breasts awareness routine, you should visit your doctor as soon as possible.
It may well be harmless but your doctor will be able to reassure you.